My conversation with boxing legend Roy Jones Jr.
I spoke to boxing legend Roy Jones about the final fight of his career, which is Feb. 8 against Scott Sigmon in Pensacola, Fla.
But I also had a chance to ask him about other topics. We discussed:
• A comparison between himself and Floyd Mayweather. Jones said Mayweather was about making money and he was about proving himself the best.
• He addresses criticism from some about him ducking certain fighters during his prime, notably Dariusz Michalczewski.
• He talks about going on the road to fight and the risks star fighters take in doing so.
• Jones said he thinks Tewa Kiram quit in his fight last month with Lucas Matthysse on HBO and explains why.
• He explains his views on Guillermo Rigondeaux’s decision to quit in his December fight with Vasyl Lomachenko.
• Jones explains his views on Russia and how he is trying to use his popularity there to improve relations between people from Russia and the U.S.
• He talks about what he could do if he were a full-time trainer.
Jones’ final fight is available only on the UFC Fight Pass streaming service.